LCCC requires a fixed term Project Manager to be responsible for an efficient and compliant execution of the next Allocation Round (AR4) under the Contracts for Difference (CfD) scheme. The Contracts for Difference (CfD) scheme is the government’s main mechanism for supporting low-carbon electricity generation. While implementing the CfD scheme, LCCC plays a key role in delivering the UK net zero target.
- Coordinate preparatory activities for engagement with AR4 applicants.
- Execution and management of AR4 internal workings plan, providing regular updates on the implementation and AR4 risk register.
- Run the AR4 contract production process and offer support to generators in the line up to the round through coordinating guidance and responses to queries
- Engagement with applicants and/or delivery partners including BEIS and wider stakeholders during the contract production phase.
- Project manage the potential automation being considered for the contract production process.
- Planning for the LCCC Masterclass and stakeholder events alongside the External Communications team.
- Running regular coordination meetings for AR4 with National Grid, Ofgem and BEIS.
- Support the development and roll out of the AR4 Microsite and associated updates alongside the External Communications team.
- Management of LCCC guidance document updates.
- Review of AR4 plan changes and associated reviews.
- Management of the review of EMRS guidance document updates for AR4 changes.
- Ensuring necessary information is coordinated through to BEIS as required.
- Develop realistic delivery plans ensuring key Project Management products are maintained and up to date.
- Identify key readiness milestones and dependencies, working closely with industry partners as required.
Skills & Experience
- Proven project management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective stakeholder management at all levels.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills.
- Expert user of Microsoft Project/Excel and Visio to a high standard
- Drive project and change methodology.
- Analytical / methodical able to work on own initiative, prioritise and complete work.
- Able to take a flexible approach and work closely within a small team
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries and disciplines
- Experience on contracts for difference (CfD) desirable as well as a good understanding of the current UK energy policy landscape and regulations, nd of UK power and renewables sectors.