The role supports LCCC activities relating to Settlements change required for the Contract for Difference (CfD) and Capacity Market (CM) schemes and any other schemes as needed. The person will be expected to analyse, develop, impact assess and prioritise change requests from both internal and external stakeholders. Administer internal processes and database to ensure changes progress in accordance with timetable requirements for their delivery.
The role will liaise and report to internal LCCC business units, our outsourced service provider and external industry contacts, ensuring the LCCC business units are kept up to date on risks and issues associated to the delivery of Settlement operations and changes.
- Support and administer the Settlements Team change delivery process and database undertaking the following activities:
- Analysis of change requests provided by internal and external sources
- Development of requirements for system and business processes
- Assist stakeholders in development of change requirements related to their business units
- Support the collection and review of the Settlement Change Requests
- Run and participate in prioritisation workshops for all settlement change activities
- Driving change through the change process
- Reviewing project information and assessing risks to delivery
- Work with Policy & Insights, Scheme operations teams and other internal business units in the delivery of change driven by process improvement and by requirements to implement new regulations
- Regular liaison with our outsourced settlement service provider to monitor and capture delivery of change impact assessment, prioritisation of change project scope and delivery of change projects through to implementation
- Coordinate activities between internal and external stakeholders surrounding large scale change activities
- Build and maintain robust relationships with internal, partner and other external contacts across the industry
- Monitor service provider performance measures.
Skills/Experience Required for the Role:
- Numerical/analytical degree (with experience of using MS Excel spreadsheets)
- Experience in developing business requirements from various stakeholders and navigating these chnages to delivery through and agreed change process.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Strong analytical capability (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Able to understand complex concepts and formula, capture key information and convey to non-technical audience
- Good social and interpersonal skills.
- 2-5 years experience and understanding in any of the following:
- Operations of electricity or similar market arrangements (such as CM, CfD and/or Settlement related processes)
- Metering, meter data and registration data validation and processing
- Background in delivery of regulatory change
- Experience of working with third party service provider organisations and/or external stakeholder parties
- Experience and understanding of change/project delivery methodologies
- Experience in change relating to billing systems.