Allocation Round 3:
There is a new Resource Portal for Allocation Round 3.
Applicants to the third Contracts for Difference Allocation Round (AR3) can now access all information through a dedicated portal. This is a collaborative effort between the CfD delivery partners and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy to provide a central resource for applicants to navigate the 3rd CfD Allocation Round.
Visit the Resource Portal to find:
- An overview of what the CfD is and how it works
- An overview of the delivery partners involved in administrating each stage of the scheme
- A step-by-step guide for participants to the CfD framework
- An overview of the timeline for the allocation round
- A list of relevant announcements and key publications
- Information about launch and other AR3 events
Allocation Round 2
The second CFD Allocation Round (AR2) took place in 2017, awarding contracts to Offshore Wind, Advanced Conversion Technologies (ACT), and Dedicated Biomass with CHP projects. Information on these projects can be found in the CFD Register. Certain technologies were not eligible for AR2, these were: Onshore wind, Biomass Conversion, Energy from Waste (EfW) and Solar Photovoltaic projects.
The information below was published in 2017 and was specific to AR2 applicants. Please note that this information is now out of date but access is retained for reference purposes.
Further information about Allocation Round 2 can be found in the below sections:
More information on the CFD scheme and its delivery organisations is provided in the CFD Booklet.