Do you fancy a new challenge?
Carbon emissions from Britain’s electricity sector are continuing to reduce, with renewables and demand reduction technologies set to compete with traditional power sources. This transition to more sustainable sources of electrcity generation and smarter grid management is set to accelerate under the UK Government’s net zero ambition for 2050.
Come and join us as we look beyond delivery of our statutory duties and help address the challenges facing the electricity sector as markets evolve. We work closely with government (our shareholder is BEIS), the regulator (Ofgem) and other delivery partners to evolve the current Contracts for Difference (CFD) and Capacity Market (CM) schemes.
You don’t have to work at a large power plant to have a career in renewable energy. At the Low Carbon Contracts Company, the commercial contracting side of projects always needs managing, but we also need financial experts, policy advisors, legal specialists and business administrators as we support growth in the number of contracts that are awarded in our two schemes.
Our opportunities cover a variety of roles, each helping us achieve our strategic goals – so do explore our current vacancies.
By working within the sector you are helping to build Britain’s future energy system, powered by low carbon and renewable electricity sources.
Find out more in About us.
A Company built on Values
LCCC’s Vision is to
“...be at the heart of the delivery of the UK's goals for secure, affordable and sustainable electricity.”
LCCC’s Mission is to
“…implement and develop electricity market schemes by providing independent expertise, insight and leadership.”
In working towards these goals we follow five core values, which outline how we will behave towards each other and our stakeholders. They are key to successfully delivering our strategy. We encourage all our people to play their role in bringing our values to life, whatever job they do..
We recognise and celebrate employees who effectively demonstrate our values with annual values recognition awards, and every month we encourage staff to nominate their colleagues to gain that little extra recognition.
Our 5 Core Values
- Exceed expectations and add value every time
- Collaborate to achieve collective success
- Celebrate success
- Respect and value each other’s differences
- Seek diverse perspectives to optimise the solution
- Listen actively and keep an open mind
- Pursue bold and better ways to change
- Challenge yourself and others to improve
- Be proactive and respond with energy
- Build trusted and trusting relationships
- Take accountability for your actions
- Demonstrate honesty and professionalism
- Empower colleagues to take the lead
- Inspire confidence in our ability to deliver
- Promote and objective and impartial view