The Policy & Insights (P&I) team has an important role in supporting business and scheme continuity. This requires us to keep abreast of policy and regulatory developments with an eye on understanding how these might impact scheme design and our implementation responsibilities and bringing these to the attention of relevant business units.
The P&I team has a central role in the delivery of LCCC’s corporate strategy of Powering Net Zero. We are the experts on the policy and regulatory environment that surrounds the schemes that LCCC manages on behalf of government, we leverage this and the wider business’ expertise to advise government on the:
- Evolution of our current schemes
- Delivery of new policy and schemes needed to deliver the wider Net Zero agenda.
The Policy & Regulation Analyst will report to the Policy & Regulation Manager and will be expected to work closely with the Head of Policy & Insights as well as other members of the team and wider organisation.
The Policy & Regulation Analyst will:
- Track, understand and communicate market developments
- Track, understand and communicate the impacts of policy and regulatory change on the business and the schemes it manages
- Identify and produce analysis and insights that will help deliver the company’s strategy, namely to be an independent Centre of Expertise and Trusted Advisor on Scheme Delivery, and inform company positions on future policy design and development
- Support other business units in the delivery of their functions, specifically scheme management, business development and change management
- Work closely with the Data Analytics team to help build LCCC’s capacity and capability to support the delivery analysis and insights
The Policy & Regulation Analyst’s primary function will be to track electricity market policy and regulatory changes and undertake primary research to find new information and gather market intelligence. This will also include identifying useful existing and new data sources and the use of qualitative and quantitative analysis to help identify and communicate trends, valuable insights via short presentations and written briefings to help form the team’s policy and regulatory positions and advice to the business on energy sector policy, regulation and emerging trends.
The Policy & Regulation Analyst will report directly with the Policy and Regulation Manager and will be expected to work very closely with the Head of Policy and Insights, the Market and Insights Manager and other members of the team.
There will also be the opportunity to support and work with the wider Strategy & Development team including the team’s Director and other functions including the Strategy, Stakeholders and Business Development team and the Change Management team.
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, organised and able to work to deadlines
- Able to produce detailed reports and presentations to clearly present findings
- Well-developed qualitative and quantitative research skills with the ability to extract and analyse relevant data to make sound judgements
- Highly effective communication skills; articulate and able to communicate complex findings effectively at all levels and visually
- The ability to build productive working relationships and work within and across different teams/organisation.