Your new role could be working with a diverse team of people who work together to deliver two government electricity schemes at the heart of the UK's goals for secure, affordable and sustainable energy. This is a great opportunity to gain first hand exposure to the largest portfolio of power sector infrastructure projects in the UK and Europe. You'll also gain an understanding of the wider perspective of UK government and its various arm's length bodies.
The Scheme Manager will support the Head of Scheme Management in managing the portfolio of both the Contracts for Difference (CfD) and Capacity Market (CM) schemes, taking an impartial and objective view of scheme issues, leading on commercial strategy and key decisions for potential and/or first-of-kind issues and changes across the schemes, including non-standard contractual changes and schemes’ development.
This role will work closely with the Contract Management team that manages individual contracts and the day-to-day relationship with generators.
- Strong experience in commercial negotiations in the energy sector and/or energy infrastructure contracts
- Good understanding of the current UK energy policy landscape and regulations
- Demonstrated experience in understanding, explaining and presenting complex technical or financial information
- Demonstrated experience of working with a range of stakeholders, ideally within the public and utilities sectors
- Strong influencing, analytical and technical contract management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent commercial acumen
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Perform commercial analysis on specific first-of-kind or portfolio issues
- Lead on engagement and negotiations with CfD counterparties and other stakeholders on scheme issues, to also include delivery of workshops and stakeholder engagement events.
- Provide commercial advice to other internal functions on contract interpretation and assist them in carrying out impact assessment of scheme related issues.
- Act as a trusted advisor to our shareholder, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), inputting on schemes evolution and future contract terms
- Develop and maintain wider stakeholder relationships including with BEIS, National Grid and Ofgem.
- Produce reports to the Directorate and Board on Scheme Management activities